After some thought about how to proceed with Conquest of Evil, I realised my biggest issue is that I am trying to tell three or four different stories all at the same time, which is conflicting with my desire to try and be orderly. I want to tell the origin story of the universe without using flashbacks, but to do so would mean that the main story would have to wait, which I don’t want to do. At the moment I have storylines planned out for the following time periods:
1) The Beginning to just after the birth of the stable universe.
2) The period that followed up to the departure of the original Morphin Masters and including stories of their escapades.
3) The time after the Morphin Masters left during which the universe seemed to stagnate and much of their knowledge was lost, through the rediscovery of the Power and then onward. This would include tales all the was up to the defeat of Rita Repulsa.
4) The 10,000 years during which Rita was imprisoned. This will also likely see stories around non-Power Ranger teams.
5) The modern era between Rita Repulsa’s release and the conclusion of this round of the war.
6) The Future dealing with everything set after the current war. For Conquest of Evil I have often said that the war would conclude in the early part 2010, with the majority of the war fought by that time. So this will be dealing with how the universe evolved after and future stories.
My hope is that this new version of COE will be easier to follow with less need to read everything from start to finish, and will allow me more flexibility in what stories I write as I feel like it.
I hope you will enjoy it… Does anybody actually visit this site anymore?
This site has been visited 3569634 times.