<topstuff>

Disclaimer: Saban owns the Power Rangers. Oscar, Danny, Scott, Lee and Christina belong to Shadow Ranger. Shane belongs to me.

Story Notes: This takes place after Yellow Peril. For a note from the author see the end of this fanfic.

New Arrivals
By Shadowed Guise

Angel Grove High school like many others had its own variety of clubs and cliques. Of course there were the school jocks that were worshipped by the school as heroes and the nerd groups that the more academic minded students formed. Then there was the Oliver/ Scott clique.

This group normally consisting of five or six members crossed a wide section of the school's students. The group revolved around Thomas Oliver and Jason Lee-Scott, but was not limited to it. Indeed the group socialised with anybody and rarely looked down on anyone. This group had changed again recently and for the first time all fourteen members were together.

With the recently returned Billy Cranston, Trini Kwan, Kimberly Hart, Zack Taylor, Aisha Campbell and newcomer Samoht Revilo the team had a chance to unite as never before. Trini and Zack had taken time off from the Peace Conference, Kimberly had returned from the Pan Globals just for a short visit and Billy had simply reappeared from wherever he had been hiding. For those outside the group the surprising member was Aisha Campbell. Somehow she had been able to fly back and forth between Kenya and Angel Grove three times in one week. Of course those who knew the clique's little secret, that they were really the Power Rangers also knew Aisha could leave more often if she wanted thanks to the teleportation system.

There was a third major grouping inside the High school. Led by Oscar Barrett this group circled not around Oscar, but around his mother. Together they formed a team of four good friends, not troublemakers, just friends who enjoyed each other's company. Oscar was the natural leader, not because of his strength or looks, simply because he knew how to keep the group together and given them a focus.

Having known almost everyone in the Youth Centre for a long time Oscar's closest friends were Scott Tracker, Lee Jones, and Christina Croft. Of all the bonds Oscar and Lee were the strongest. They had been together since they were toddlers and had practically grown up together. Lee had had a hard life. His mother had died giving birth and his father had turned to drink. For most of his life Lee had been abused and used Oscar's house as a refuge when time got too bad. As a result he had become an unofficial brother to Oscar and was one of the many people who referred to Dana Barrett as 'Mom'. Despite all he had been through Lee was a loyal friend Oscar could count on and the two shared a tight bond. Lee was also captain of the school's Football team and when he wasn't with Oscar he could normally be found with the other Jocks.

Christina had joined them shortly after starting school. She was the peacekeeper and enforcer of the group. Even Lee backed down rather than make her angry. Despite the outward appearance she had a big heart and was always there for her friends. At one point she had tried dating Oscar, but after a while it was decided they were soul mates and nothing more.

Scott Tracker was the pretty boy of the group and he knew it. His ego was constantly growing from the attention he received. Despite the superficial appearance though Scott was one of the most thoughtful and loyal friends Oscar had ever had. He was also a fitness freak and kept himself in top form through athletics and had a room full of trophies. Unfortunately the abundance of trophies did not make up for the fact his rich parents were constantly away. Like Lee, Scott was almost always with Oscar at his house and had formed a close bond with Oscar's mother.

"Why don't we do something tonight?" Lee asked as they drank the drinks that Ernie had given them.

"I can't," Oscar replied. "My Mom's taken in a new foster kid and I'm supposed to be there to meet him."

"Another one?" Lee asked in surprised. Ms Barrett was well known as the local Good Samaritan. In fact there were rumours she had once tried to adopt an entire orphanage. Lee's comment brought snickers from Christina and Scott. Soon all four were laughing at the image of Mrs Barrett trying to right the world.

Scott finished laughing and turned his attention to the practice mats where Tommy Oliver and Samoht Revilo were practising. At one time Tommy was thought to be unbeatable in Martial Arts, but Sam could both draw and beat Tommy. The two fighting styles were so similar and yet Samoht seemed to be able to read Tommy in a way Tommy could not match.

There was a bang as the door to the Youth Centre was thrown open and in walked Shane and his gang. Unlike the legendary Bulk and Skull, Shane and his gang were thugs. They had been barred from the Youth Centre many times in the past and were always looking for trouble. Shane was vice captain of the Football team and as such thought he deserved the worship of the entire school. Most students and many teachers including Mr Kaplan were scared of Shane.

Instead of making their way to the counter Shane and his friends walked onto the mats and started pushing Tommy and Sam around. Normally Jason or one of the other guys Tommy hung with would be around, but today it was Sam and Tommy against five thugs.

"Hey, we don't want any trouble," Tommy was saying. Oscar realised Tommy was practising what he taught and trying to defuse the situation without violence.

"Well I do!" Shane shouted.

Oscar shot a glance at Lee and Scott who both nodded and walked with him to where the confrontation was taking place. At the same time he glanced over at Ernie to make sure what he was doing was okay. It was a well-known fact that if Ernie wanted somebody to leave he would make him or her. By force if necessary.

"Oh look, little Barrett and his big bad friends have come to help Tommy and his weak friend," Shane sneered.

"Hi Tommy, Sam, would you like a drink?" Oscar asked, ignoring Shane totally.

"Hey!" Shane shouted before Tommy could reply. "We're busy here so get lost."

"Well?" Oscar asked. So far Shane had reacted as expected. Now if Tommy accepted Oscar knew things would be all right.

"Thanks Bro," Tommy said as he and Sam made their way over to where Christina had already ordered some more drinks. "On the house," Ernie whispered as he went back to the bar.

"I'm not done with you Barrett," Shane said angrily. Oscar had not expected this and was caught off guard as Shane spun him and aimed a punch at Oscar's head. Somehow he missed and overbalanced, knocking the table and getting soaked by an unfinished milkshake. "I'll get you for this Barrett," Shane swore as he picked himself up. He had lost face, but that was enough to make him dangerous.

"Thanks," Tommy said as Oscar sat down.

"Not a problem," Scott responded. "You two could have taken them, but this way I didn't risk getting blood on my knuckles."

"Yeah, I can see you wouldn't want to ruin your looks," Sam said before adding, "If you did people might start to think you're human."

Everybody laughed at the comment. It was a fact the girls like Scott and even better known that Scott knew that they liked him. "Forget the rest, Scott's the best," he said trying to keep a straight face.

The six friends sat together and talked for a couple of hours. Occasionally Ernie would bring them something to eat, but generally Oscar, Lee and Christina were taking the time to learn about Sam. At the same time Scott was talking to Tommy about karate.

They were interrupted by a six-tone beep from Tommy and Sam's watches. "That's our pager," Tommy explained quickly. "We've got to go for a minute." As they left Oscar noticed the concerned look on Ernie's face and wondered what was happening.

Tommy and Sam reappeared half an hour later looking the worst for wear. Tommy was limping slightly and both looked exhausting.

"Tough day at the office?" Ernie asked as he placed a plate of fries on the table and gave them a knowing smile.

Just then Oscar noticed the time. "Oh man, I've got to leave. Mom will kill me if I'm late."

"Good luck with your brother," Christina called as he left before she returned to talking with Sam.


Daniel Pellerin got out of the car nervously. Every instinct in his fifteen-year-old body was screaming at him to turn tail and run, but he held steadfast. "This is your last chance," his social worker had lectured, "If you can't make it with the Barretts, you'll probably stay here in the Children's home till you're eighteen."

OK, so it was a challenge they wanted! Well, that wasn't a good start for Daniel. He had been in foster care since he was four years old, had lost all track of his mother. He'd been taken from her because she left him home alone while she plied her wares on the streets of Atlanta, then locked him in a bathroom while she entertained the tricks she brought home. Daniel didn't even know who his father was, and he doubted that his mother did either, even if he could ask her.

Because his mother was still alive, Daniel was not considered eligible for adoption until he was ten or so, and by then it seemed that no one was interested in a young boy who was at the age where his curiosity, and capacity for trouble were at their peak, while his ability to use common sense, his inclination to bond with a new family, were at their ebb. So Daniel had been placed in several different foster homes, had done his time in the Methodist Children's Home (read that ORPHANAGE), but both Daniel and those responsible for his care had come to the point in his life where they simply didn't consider the possibility of his ever having a permanent family. Daniel's self esteem was at an all time low, and he certainly was not up for any challenges.

It was mid July when he'd been called to the Administrator's office. When he entered there were Mr Dalzell the administrator, Mrs. Flewelling his social worker, and a Mr Gigniac, a social worker that Daniel did not know.

"We have a placement for you," Mr Dalzell began after the introductions, "And it sounds like a really good one if you're interested. But I'll shut up and let the social workers tell you about it."

"Tell me Daniel, what do you know about Angel Grove?" Mr Gigniac asked.

Daniel thought about the small city in Northern California, remembering all the times he had seen it in the news concerning the action of some local heroes known as Power Rangers. He had paid little attention to the reports after deciding it was obviously some type of hoax. Still there was a term he had heard on a regular basis and in his opinion it seemed to fit the conversation.

"As in the Freak Zone?" he asked, masking some of sarcasm behind the voice of a teenager.

"The very same," Mr Gigniac responded. "Of course I can assure you that the chances of seeing a giant robot fighting against some type of monster is highly unlikely."

"Perhaps you should tell Daniel more about the placement so he can decide for himself," Mr Dalzell suggested.

Danny shot the administrator an evil stare, his eyes boring into the man's head. He was surprised when Dalzell seemed to look scared. Everybody knew Danny hated the name Daniel and most were sensible enough to call him Danny. Normally the administrator would have known better, but the appearance Gigniac in his office given him a new if temporary sense of confidence.

Mr Dalzell looked at the boy sitting across the desk from him and wondered if he had made a mistake. He had always told Danny that his mother was alive. Of course the truth about his family would be unbelievable to a fifteen-year-old boy and besides, the orphanage had been using his inheritance to fund their existence for the last three years. But Dalzell knew Danny could become dangerous and with a chance to be rid of the boy for a short time he needed Danny to remain calm

"I appologise for that Danny, I won't do it again," he promised and was pleased at the nod and slight smile he received in return.

"Anyway," Gigniac continued. "A local citizen in Angel Grove is willing to take you for a six month period. She has already got one son called Oscar and is looking for somebody to keep him company. At the same time you will be able to enjoy a family life. Consider it a learning experience."

So there it was. Danny had been selected to baby-sit for a kid who was unable to make his own friends. Danny had been less than enthusiastic, but his views on the matter were ignored.

_They weren't kidding about this place being a Freak Zone! _ Danny thought as he caught his first glimpse of the City. It amazed him how there could be so many different climates and terrains in such a small area. Mountains and desert were with in miles of ocean and park. The car passed had passed a building known as the Youth Centre and Danny's eyes were drawn like a magnet. He felt a wave of energy flow through his body. Just as quickly the feeling vanished.

"Danny!" His attention was drawn back to the present as the car entered a small neighbourhood. "Now remember what I said," Gigniac said. "If you behave and do what Ms Barrett tells you there is a small chance you will be able to become part of her family." Danny was hardly listening. He had been looking at the road ahead and noticed it was filled with some large looking properties. Finally the car turned into a driveway and Mr Gigniac began to unpack Danny's bags.

"Danny, this is Ms Dana Barrett," Mr Gigniac explained as a woman in her late thirties emerged from the house to meet them. Danny was at once struck by how much she resembled Sigorny Weaver form Alien. "Ms Barrett, may I introduce Daniel."

"Nice to meet you Danny," Ms Barrett said extending her hand. "I'm sorry Oscar is not here at the moment, but he had to run an errand for me."

Mr Gigniac left quickly after reminding Danny to behind and telling Ms Barrett to contact him if there were any problems. After he had gone Ms Barrett led Danny into the house.

"Don't let Gigniac intimidate you," she said as she placed his cases down in the hall. "The guy can be a real asshole if you let him get to you." She went on to tell Danny about herself and Oscar whilst preparing him a small snack.

"Thanks Ms Barrett," Danny said.

"Call me Dana, you're going to be here for a while," Dana replied.

"Thanks Ms... I mean Dana," Danny said.

They talked for a while about Danny and his life, then Dana told him about her family. As he had assumed she was not married, but did maintain a close relationship with Oscar's father who lived in New York. She told him they rarely visited since Oscar's 'uncles' were a bit eccentric especially his Uncle Lewis. They continued talking for a while about Angel Grove with Dana filling him in on the various meeting places and the high school. Then she turned serious for a moment. "I take it you've heard about the monster attacks?"

Danny nodded, "Yes, but I assumed they were just rumours."

Dana smiled slightly at the comment. "I'm afraid they are real and getting more regular. To put it simply; if you hear the siren move to the nearest monster shelter. In your case I should think that would be the Youth Centre."

They spoke for a while longer before he was told to take a look around the city. "There's a bike in the yard you can use." And with that, Danny was turned loose to explore the sights that were Angel Grove.


Oscar Barrett was in no rush to return home and discover his mother's 'latest project'. He knew that her idea of fostering was intended to give him some company, but he knew it was really just to satisfy his mother's overactive conscience. He had once heard his grandmother recounting how his mother had once had a room full of stray cats whilst advertising for their owners to come forward.

To make matter worse, there had been a small monster attack at the Youth Centre between the time he had left his table and made his way to the door. Some of the grey skinned foot soldiers, Putties he recalled had attack. Fortunately Tommy Oliver's friends had shown up and had managed to fight them off so there had never been a major alert. How Tommy and his friends had managed to defeat a group the Power Rangers normally dealt with and why Tommy always seemed to be running into such attacks were beyond Oscar's imagination.

Now Oscar was on his way home to meet his new foster brother. He just hoped Daniel was worth his mother's efforts.

"Hey Barrett!" Oscar swore silently as he recognised the voice behind him. Instead of stopping he started to walk faster, choosing the path that would lead him home. The sound of running echoed as his nemesis started to follow. Oscar picked up the speed, determined to get away without a fight. As he rounded the corner his hopes of doing so were dashed.

"I said Hey Barrett!" Shane shouted as his friends moved in to surround Oscar. They had known where he would go and had taken the opportunity to cut him off. "Why you running Barrett?" Shane asked as he grabbed the smaller boy around the neck. "Did your mummy tell you to come home?"

Oscar looked at the five boys who surrounded him. Gone were the days of Bulk and Skull when a bully would simply try to look tough. These guys were tough and intent on hurting him. Shane was the leader, the typical thug who the others followed like brainless sheep. Chris, Brad, Josh and Matt were tough in their own way, but without Shane they wouldn't have the guts to try anything.

"Look Shane, I don't want any trouble," Oscar said, hoping he could talk his way out of it.

"Well that's a shame because I am," Shane sneered. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't hit you."

"I'll give you two," Oscar replied, clutching at straws. "First you'd have to live with what you'd done."

"Ha!" Shane laughed. "And the second reason?"

"Your fly's undone."

It was an old trick that even the most stupid kid would not fall for. Oscar had been hoping Shane would laugh long enough for him to run, but when Shane actually looked Oscar took his chance and ran.

"Get him!" Shane shouted.

Oscar ran as fast as he could, hoping to lose the bullies on his way back to the Youth Centre. But luck was not on his side; the bullies were older and faster and he soon found himself on the receiving end of a punch to the stomach.

"Oi! Leave him alone," a voice called from behind them. The five bullies turned to see a blond haired kid setting his bike down and walking towards them. Ignoring Shane and his cronies he helped Oscar back to his feet.

The effects of touching Oscar were immediate. Electricity flowed through each boy and suddenly both knew they had nothing to fear.

"You've got a choice," Danny said. "Let us go..."

"Or we'll go through you," Oscar finished.

Shane laughed and threw a punch at Daniel, but Daniel had somehow moved to one side and caught the fist. He held the arm, feeling all the momentum drain from Shane before letting go and allowing Shane to collapse on his face.

"Run," Oscar said.

Both boys ran off, neither aware of who the other was and missing the shocked look on the bullies' faces. They had just seen two fifteen-year-old run off so fast their movements were a blur. As Danny picked up his bike and pedalled off Oscar ran towards his home.


On the Moon the incident had not gone unnoticed. A sudden surge in the Morphin Grid had alerted Rita and Zedd to events unfolding on Earth.

"Rita, did you see that?" Zedd asked excitedly.

"Yes I saw it," Rita replied, the evil gleam in her eyes revealing how excited she was by the discovery.

"If we could use those two against the Rangers..."

"A brilliant plan Zedd," Rito said from behind. "Why don't you just cast a spell and enslave them now?"

Zedd summoned his staff and quickly complied with his brother-in-law's suggestion. For a second he was surprised Rito had actually been able to think of an idea, but there again Rito had impressed everyone with his newfound skills. Two bolts of black lightning left the 'Z' at the end of the staff, engulfing both of the boys they had seen earlier.

"Impossible!" Zedd shouted as he watched the blond haired boy shrug the spell off and continue on his way. The other boy was engulfed for a second before the blackness left him again and he walked away.

"How can this be Zeddy?" Rita asked. This was not a question asked in her familiar high-pitched screech. This was the lower worried tone she used when she knew that something very bad was about to happen.

"I... I don't know," Zedd whispered. "They should not have been able to throw the spell off that easily. Rito, you and Goldar take some Putties and Tengas and capture them."

"Perhaps a monster would be of use Lord Zedd," Finster suggested.

"You have something in mind?" Rita asked the monster maker.

"How about the Bossquitto?" Finster suggested. "He could drain any powers they have and enslave them at the same time."

"Very well," Zedd boomed, "Bossquitto come forth!"

"At your command Lord Zedd," the humanoid/ mosquito hybrid buzzed.

"Go with Rito and Goldar. We shall await your return."

In a flash Rito, Goldar, the monster and a collection of Putties and Tengas left for Earth.

"Um, Lord Zedd, Lady Rita," Finster began after the monster had left. "I found something in my workshop I thought you might want to see."

"This is the map to Zordonia," Zedd said as he looked at the scroll they had once used to find the Shogun Zords.

"Yes Lord Zedd, but there is a second map that gives directions to the Zord Dimension."


Oscar ran towards his home. After his encounter with Shane he was desperate to get inside where it was safe. His mind churned over the recent events, the strange boy who had come to his aid; the sudden feeling of power when they had made eye contact; the feeling of de-ja-vu as they fought off Shane's gang together.

"Hold human!" a deep voice, said.

Oscar turned and was confronted by a walking monkey with wings. Behind the monkey he could see a collection of bird like creatures.

_That's Goldar, _ Oscar thought to himself remembering the television shots he had seen during the early days of the Power Rangers. _And those things are Tengas. _

"Lord Zedd commands you to accompany us. You should be honoured human. Not many have the pleasure of serving Lord Zedd."


Daniel cycled back to Dana's house as quickly as possible. He had spent valuable time helping out some kid he didn't know and was certain he would be late. He did not want to delay meeting his foster brother longer than necessary. _If we're not going to get along I think we should know now. _

Leaning closer to the bike he accelerated, hoping to get home quickly. He was stopped by the appearance of a walking skeleton.

"Hey you have to come with us," Rito said. "Zedd wants to see you."

"Who?" Danny asked, hoping to find a way out.

"Lord Zedd," Rito replied. "You know Emperor of the Dark Regions of Space etc."

"Grab him," Rito shouted.

A group of five 'Z' Putties appeared and attempted to grab his arms. Danny moved, his only thought staying out of reach. He was surprised when the Putties missed him. He ran towards the bike the Putties had thrown into the road, but Rito was close behind with his sword at the ready.

"Zedd said I had to get you, but he didn't say whether he wanted you dead or alive."

If he had been hoping to scare the boy Rito had succeeded. Danny knew that he wanted to be somewhere else, he needed help. His mind travelled back to the kid he had helped earlier and he saw himself with him.

"Um Zedd, I lost him," Rito said when he picked his chin off the floor where it had dropped. One minute the boy had been looking at him and the next he had vanished.

For Danny it was a weird sensation. Somehow he had managed to get on the bike and ride away at speed and instinctively run into the boy he had saved earlier. The same boy who happened to be struggling against Goldar and a group of Tengas.

*You again?* Danny thought he heard the boy say. "Yeah, me again," he replied. He noticed the odd look on the boy's face when he said it, but was more concerned about the growing number of Tengas.

"Hold still humans and this will be over quickly," Goldar told them.

The Tengas grabbed the two humans and teleported away, leaving Danny and Oscar standing still and wondering what was going on.

"Something scared them off," Oscar said after a minute of silence.

"Us?" Danny asked.

Oscar shrugged. He had had the weirdest feeling as though he were being moved but fastened to a piece of elastic. The he had returned to Earth. Little did he know Daniel had the same feeling.


"What happened?" Rita asked as Goldar appeared empty handed.

"We had them my queen," Goldar growled. "Somehow they managed to resist teleporting."

"They are strong than I thought," Zedd mused. "Very well, Bossquitto, feed on Angel Grove. At least we shall destroy the city."


Power Chamber

"Zordon, what's going on?" Sam asked as he and Tommy joined the Zeo Rangers in the Power Chamber.

"Behold the Viewing Screen," Zordon said. "This is Bossquitto. He is capable of draining Ranger powers and enslaving those he drains."

"Fortunately he is unable to affect the Zeo powers at this time."

"So we can defeat him."

"Affirmative," Billy said emerging from a side door. ""His weakness is the protruding feeding device located beneath the lower jaw."

"The long thing sticking out his face, thanks Billy," Rocky said. "Hey who's that he's attacking."

"Oscar," Tommy replied.

"And by the looks of it we need to hurry," Kat added.

"It's Morphin Time!" Tommy called taking control.

"Zeo Ranger I - Pink!"

"Zeo Ranger II - Yellow!"

"Zeo Ranger III - Blue!"

"Zeo Ranger IV - Green!"

"Zeo Ranger V - Red!"

"Zeo Ranger X - Gold!"

In six solid columns of light the Rangers teleported to the rescue.

"Ah, the Power Rangers," Bossquitto buzzed. "Time to feast."

A thick web of white liquid engulfed Blue and Green Zeo causing them to glowing and keel over in pain. Energy started flowing from the two fallen Rangers into Bossquitto.

"No you don't!" Pink Zeo called. "Zeo I Power Disk now!"

Armed with her shield Pink Zeo charged at Rita and Zedd's latest creation. She leapt into the air and threw the disk at Bossquitto's head. Bossquitto fired a second web of liquid, suspending the disk in the air, but leaving himself open to a direct attack by Pink Zeo.

"Bio Armour online!" Yellow Zeo called. "Palm blast - minimum power."

A laser beam shot from Yellow Zeo's palm, cutting through the now hardened web holding Green and Blue Zeo. Both of the Rangers were anxious for payback and took advantage of the opportunity to strike with their Zeo Power Weapons.

"Zeo Power Hatchets!" Green Zeo called, driving the deadly blades into the monster's chest.

"Zeo Power Blades!" Blue Zeo yelled as he aimed for the weakness Billy had highlighted earlier.

"Zeo V Power Sword!" Red Zeo called as he drove his weapon through the monster's head.

"Bio Armour - Full Power!" Yellow Zeo called. She turned to look at Gold Zeo who nodded back. "It's time for a Gold Rush!"

Attacking together they brought the monster to its knee where if promptly exploded.


"You don't get away from us that easily," Zedd shouted. "Bossquitto, grow!"


"You alright?" Oscar asked as he hid with Danny away from the action.

"Yeah, who'd have thought I'd be attacked on my first day in Angel Grove," Danny replied. "I hope my foster brother is better than those guys."

Oscar half heard what the other boy had said and looked at him. He realised for the first time he had never seen this boy before and he had always made it his business to know everybody. "Foster brother?"

"Yeah, I'm meant to be staying with Ms Barrett and her son, but I haven't even met him yet. I think he might be avoiding me." Danny suddenly realised there was still a battle going on when Bossquitto stamped on the ground causing the Rangers and both boys to topple over.

"Don't worry," Oscar told him. "The monsters usually attack in the park. They hardly ever attack the residential areas. Too many building for them to be able to fight properly around here." That wasn't quite the truth, but it had the desired effect and calmed Danny down a bit.

"I wish they were in the park or at least the Desert," Danny replied, visualising the desert he had seen on his way into Angel Grove.


"We need Super Zeo Zord power, now!" the Rangers called in unison.

From the holding bay in Power Mountain the six Super Zeo Zords were launched. The Zords attacked individually since the Rangers were aware of how much damage a Megazord would do in a residential zone. Then something strange occurred. As the Zords locked onto the monster they felt themselves lifted and thrown into the desert close to Power Mountain.

"What happened?" Blue Zeo asked as he struggled to find his bearings.

"I think we got teleported," Yellow Zeo replied.

"Whatever," Red Zeo said. "Let's finish this guy. Super Zeo Megazord power!"

Super Zeo Zord I, II, III, IV and V merged together to form the powerful Megazord. Super Zeo Zord X moved into position and together they attacked.

Bossquitto refused to go down without a fight and fired another glob of liquid, this time toxic. The chemical burnt into the Zords allowing Bossquitto to take control. Instead of taking advantage though the monster chose to gloat. A lightning strike from Pyramidas reminded him where he was, but the Rangers had already regained control of their Zords.

"Do you want to see a new trick?" Gold Zeo asked, obviously trying not to laugh. The other Rangers shrugged and Tommy replied, "Go for it."

"I call this the Zeo bug squatter," Trey joked. A beam of golden energy shot from the Super Zeo Zord and engulfed the Carrier Zord. As the Super Zeo Zord signalled Pyramidas hovered directly over the monster. At the second signal the Zord dropped, ending the battle.

"Let's get back to the Power Chamber," Red Zeo suggested after it was clear they had won. As he teleported away he shook his head at the new side of Trey he was starting to see emerge. _Maybe he's been around Rocky too long. _


"Well, here you are," Oscar said as he dropped Daniel at the Barrett house. "Hope things go well with your brother, I think you'll like him."

The door opened and Dana was waiting for them. "Where have you two been?" she asked.

"Sorry Mom," Oscar said. "There was a monster attack on the way home."

"Well I am glad you two have met at least," Dana said, ignoring the look Oscar gave her.

"Mom?" Danny asked quietly.

"Well, yeah, um that's what I call her because, she's my mom," Oscar managed.

"You mean you two haven't met?" Dana asked. She smiled as she saw the recognition dawn on Danny's face. "Danny, this is Oscar. Oscar meet Danny your new brother."

"Maybe that should be brothers," Oscar corrected as he noticed Christina, Scott and Lee making their way towards them.

_Maybe this place won't be so bad after all, _ Danny thought as they all went inside.


"Zordon, what happened to the Zords?" Tommy asked after the other Rangers had left apart from Jason, Billy, Sam and himself.

"The Zords and monster were pushed into the desert," Zordon replied. "Someone of great power has been at work today. I have recorded several abnormal readings from inside of Angel Grove indicating abnormal access to the Morphin Grid."

"Not only was there the physical transporting of your Zords, but there was also a shielding spell that reflected Zedd's attempts to control the two boys you had to rescue earlier. It is possible one of them is accessing the Morphin Grid in some way," Alpha added.

"Is this something we need to concern ourselves about?" Sam asked. "If the access is unconscious and whoever is accessing the Grid is making no attempt to help us shouldn't we leave him alone."

"Sam's right," Jason said. "We can't go chasing after somebody just because they have a gift and even if we did we can't force them to join us and we risk revealing our identities."

"Jason is correct," Zordon said. "The rules forbid us to interfere. However, it would be wise to keep an eye on those two. I feel they will prove important."

"We'd better go," Billy said. "Ernie's throwing a welcome party for Oscar's new brother tonight and we ought to be there." The others nodded in agreement.

The evening was a success and Danny found he enjoyed his first day in Angel Grove. The Rangers and Oscar's group talked for a long time. After a long evening they all went home satisfied with the way things had gone.

Danny lay in bed for a while thinking about the day's events. He had been wrong about babysitting a friendless boy. If anything Oscar would be babysitting him. As his mind wondered he remembered the events at the party. He remembered being introduced to Oscar's clique and he had felt the same energy he had felt coming from Oscar earlier. Then he had met Samoht and had had a real shock.

"Oscar," Danny said slowly hoping his brother was awake. "Who is Samoht Revilo really?"

It was a strange question to ask and Oscar wondered what Danny was getting at. "What do you mean?"

"Well," Danny began. "Samoht Revilo is Thomas Oliver with the names spelt backwards. And Sam had two faces."

"Two faces?" Oscar asked, thinking his foster brother was insane. Then an image formed in his head of Sam. As he looked the features shift to reveal Tommy's face underneath before moving back to their original location.

*How did you do that?* Oscar wondered. He was surprised when Danny answered, "I don't know."

Just then in another part of Angel Grove a six-tone melody played and called the Rangers for an emergency meeting.

End of Part

<post_date>1999-04-18 12:00:01</post_date><post_modified>2020-01-11 10:13:27</post_modified>