<topstuff>

Disclaimer: Even in my wildest dreams I do not own the Power Rangers. They belong to Saban and are used here without his permission. Saban also owns Masked Rider and VR Troopers. Mandarin belongs to Marvel Comics and North Valley belongs to the creators of Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad. UNIT is own by the BBC as does the Master and his TARDIS.

Some of the additional characters i.e. Chelsea and Teddy Oliver, members of the De Santos family, Jamie Zedden and the IGPF belong to Ellen Brand. I have also borrowed the idea of Morphin Warriors and based my description of the Morphin Grid on her series. Thank you for allowing me to use them Ellen:-)
Now for what I do own. The idea for the Full Aspect Morphin Powers is mine, use it if you want. Minion is also my creation. Silvo, Bronzo, and Brasso are my creations named after tins of metal polish. Any likeness between these characters and anybody else's are purely coincidental.
Anything appearing like -this- is a conversation Sam is eaves dropping. *This* is a telepathic message. [This] is a computerised message. Beetle Borgs are called -colour- Borg. Gem Coin Rangers are referred to as Zeo -Ninja Animal-. VR Troopers are referred to as -colour- Trooper.
On a final note, thanks to Matt for the continued feedback on this series. Oh and if you want to know what is in my wildest dreams, I'm not telling.

Missing Home

LABORATORY 29, SUB-BASEMENT 16, PENTAGON, WASHINGTON DC, USA
4 MAY 1996

The walls of his room were bare metal, the only furnishings a cot to which he had been secured. Numerous needles had been inserted into his body feeding him potentially toxic chemicals. Those performing the operation did not care. If he survived the various Doctors and Professors would be living in luxury for the rest of their lives. If he died then the procedure would be reviewed and the whole process repeated on the next unwilling volunteer.

There were six other guinea pigs that could take this one's place. He had no name and no identity. He was just a test subject chosen due to his age, background, physical health and the fact nobody would ever miss him. He'd been here five years and from the age of twelve had been subjugated to mind numbing routine. Now approaching his eighteenth birthday they had decided it was time to proceed to the final stages.

Straining his ears he could hear the sound of his cell door being opened. First the sound of a swipe card being drawn through the reader. Next the beeping of the buttons for the six-digit identity code changed daily. Afterwards came the sound of the outer lock the key scratching at the worn tumblers. Finally was the screech of the heavy mechanical bolt being withdrawn. He had heard these sounds constantly during his time here to the extent that he could now tell who was entering by the time it took for the door to open.

Agent Thomas was very deliberate when opening the door. He was very strict about security and every procedure had to be followed to the letter. He knew the agent took exactly two minutes to open the door. Doctor Grayson on the other hand enjoyed his work and was determined not to miss a moment of his experiment's pain. As a result Doctor Grayson would constantly open the locks whilst entering his security code. Doctor Grayson could enter the cell in less than half a minute.

The various nurses and observers entered from a second entrance he had never seen. Somehow it was shielded from him, but he believed they might be in the room at all times and concealed by some machinery.

Today he could tell it was Doctor Grayson who was about to enter along with the Project Administrator, Doctor Ranitime. Of all the scientists Doctor Ranitime was the worst. She didn't care what short cuts were taken or how much he suffered providing she had results.

"What is the status of this one?" she demanded.

"Muscular synthesis had been successfully completed. Optical, audio, nasal, tactile and vocal enhancements have been implanted. His body seems to be responding adequately and we have not had the biological breakdowns the previous subjects suffered. I propose we begin skin alterations immediately."

You referred to it as him," Doctor Ranitime pointed out. "Remember it is just a subject and you cannot allow any feelings when dealing with it. Including the joy you seem to feel when it screams."

"Yes Doctor Ranitime," Grayson replied.

"Oh and Grayson, I want you to remove its vocal chords. When it is in use I expect it to speak only when instructed. We can control that by using a synthesiser."

"Very good Doctor Ranitime. Did you wish to begin the programming?"

"Begin immediately. I shall return later and we shall see what it has learnt. Have the arrangements been made to ensure its continued obedience?"

"One of Agent K's men is taking care of the situation."

"Very well, I am leaving now. Remember that nobody is to approach my lab for five minutes following my departure."

As Doctor Grayson set about his morning checks of the test subject he heard the now familiar sound of Doctor Ranitime's secret exit opening. "You are very lucky today," he told the subject, slapping him across the face. "This afternoon you will be released from this cell for a short time so we can see how our work has progressed. If it is successful you will be returned here for further enhancements. Failure will ensure subject termination."

That said Doctor Grayson left. He knew he would not see Doctor Grayson again that day. It was a trick used to confuse his mind concerning the time he was left. In truth he estimated he would not be seeing anybody for two weeks, the length of time they specified for molten plating. He didn't care; his time was approaching when he would be freed. And when he left he would be reunited with his friend Zeus and his fellow subject Aaron.

The surgeons who had made the modifications to his body had been too successful. They had replaced his organs with mechanical supplements and placed microchips deep inside his frontal lobe. His entire brain had the potential to become a super fast modem. What the surgeons and scientists did not know was that the device had not been deactivated. He had been left plugged into the complex's computer mainframe and had been making good use of his time there.

[Search subject found] the readout said. He could see the words in his mind even though they did not exist. [Download?]

_Yes, _ he thought.

[Subject Name: Garth Nelson
Age: 17
Date of Entry: 14 December 1991
Status of Entry: Purchased from Family, all links eliminated as per Standing Orders
Current Status: List?]

He considered what he had learnt. He had a name and a past. He had been sold to this place for some purpose and his family had been murdered to ensure their silence. This was standard procedure, but how he knew that was beyond him.

_Yes, _ he though in answer to the question.

[Biological Organs: Replacement Complete
Sensory Enhancements: Complete
Computerised Components: Online
Obedience Program: Offline........... ERASED
Power Source: Not yet installed
MMP: Scheduled for immediate action]

He was pleased to see the obedience program had been erased. That had been an unexpected stroke of luck. When they had plugged him into the system they never expected him to take over and program himself. Nor would they have expected him to take control of some of the more important programs associated with his progress. He now had a history despite missing almost five years. He has a lethal weapon and he knew why he had been created.

Since the early days of the nineties the government had been trying to create a super soldier. They had started by using men, but the programming drove them insane. Then Doctor Ranitime had arrived. Her reasons were different from the government's but they worked together. She had decided to select a boy for the experiment. She had wanted Garth's brother, but had to make do with him.

Then three years ago the Power Rangers had appeared and Ranitime had found a blueprint to base her creation on. She had somehow known of a Phantom Ranger powered by a ruby. She had located the place where the ruby had been designed and had stolen two other jewels. The emerald was for him and the diamond was for Aaron the other test subject.

His escape would take careful planning and time. But he had plenty of both. The computer had told him he would be moved to a new facility within New York. That would make things easier to break free. He already knew that should he escape his current cell he still had to escape the Pentagon. New York would have tighter security but maybe not as many staff. Using his link to the computer he corrected one more part of his status, hoping to save himself some pain.

[Vocal Chords: Severed]

There was nothing left to do except wait.


6 NOVEMBER 1996

Aisha Campbell once again found herself sitting alone in the wilderness of Kenya. Much had happened since the last time she was here. She had encountered Huntrax and obtained the Zeo Bio Armour. She had surrendered her Yellow Zeo Shard almost a fortnight ago. Zordon had informed her the Bio Armour could now provide the power of the full Zeo Crystal without Aisha needing to be a Zeo Ranger.

Until now Aisha had not dared to try the armour in case it fail. At the same time she knew Zordon would not lie to her and felt in her heart the Yellow Zeo powers were meant for another. But it still left the question she had been asking for the last few weeks, where to now for Aisha Campbell?

Other things had occurred recently. Lord Zedd had made three attempts to kidnap a new boy in Angel Grove. The Ranger had stopped the monsters on each occasion and Zedd seemed to have given up. Of course the new boy had caused problems for all the Rangers. Somehow he had shrugged off the spell Sam had placed on Angel Grove and seen through the clone's disguise. The Rangers had called an emergency meeting the night he arrived to discuss the problem. So far the Rangers had not managed to find a solution and Daniel had not mentioned his discovery.

Looking down on the village that had been her home for the last ten years Aisha knew the question was simply do I stay or do I go? She knew she could teleport between Kenya and Angel Grove as often as she needed to, but each time she risked discovery or worse being unable to get to her friends in their time of need.

Kenya or Angel Grove?

My family or my planet?

Myself or the greater good?

All were good questions and all were things Aisha had considered. In the end there had only been one choice. Standing up Aisha walked back towards her village, found her parents and Ashala and asked to speak to them privately.

"Mom, Dad, I'm going home."


ZORD HOLDING BAY ONE, POWER MOUNTAIN
NOVEMBER 6 1996

William Cranston known to most as Billy was angry. He threw his soldering iron to one side as he struggled to loosen the damaged access panel. The other Rangers were busy preparing a Welcome Home party for Aisha. It was funny considering she had only been there a few hours before.

"Why is it Tommy seems to enjoy wrecking his teams' Zords?" he wondered out loud.

The Zeo Megazord had taken a beating the previous night against Mondo's latest creation. Somehow Tommy had managed to activate all the battle helmets at the same time overloading the Zord's power relays. If not for the arrival of the Super Zeo Megazord Billy would have been rebuilding the Zeo Megazord from scratch.

Luckily the Zord Holding Bay in Power Mountain was large enough to allow the Megazord to be moved in one piece. Billy shuddered at the thought of repairing the five separate Zords.

"Computer begin carbon freezing on area ZMZH1," Billy instructed. On this occasion freezing the battle helmets was the only way to remove them.

Whilst the computer worked on the helmet Billy started recharging the power unit and checking the extremities for signs of metal fatigue. Zord operations caused great stress upon the components and Billy was constantly replacing them. Standing in the cockpit he held the helmet control and pushed it back to its standard setting.

"Now for the important tests," he said still cursing Tommy for not looking after the Zords better. "I wish Zordon would hire a mechanic!"

After a few hours Billy was finally satisfied. Every dent and scrape had been repaired. All the joints had been lubricated and the hydraulics restored to normal function. Finally Billy had reset the controls and supervised the replenishment of the Zord's weapon systems. After stopping to ensure the seats all went up and down and that the elastic had been fixed on the furry dice (one of Rocky's ideas) Billy stepped out of the Megazord.

"Zeo Megazord I, Power Down!"

Before his eyes Billy witnessed his creation transforming into five powerful war machines known as the Zeo Zords. With the Megazord repaired Billy took his time to ensure the weapons on Zeo Zord I and Zeo Zord II were calibrated and fully loaded.

Billy spent the rest of his time inspecting and repairing the Ninja Zords paying extra care to the Wolf. When he felt he couldn't resist any longer he hit the teleport button and travelled to the Secondary Zord Storage Bay where his second set of creations were undergoing a make over all the time unaware he was being watched.

"Is he still at it?" Trini asked as she settled down next to Alpha Five.

"I'm afraid so Trini," the small android replied.

"Something's bothering him. He's pushing himself more than usual. Zordon, do you know what is wrong?"

"I suspect I know Trini," Zordon replied.

Like the Yellow Ranger Zordon was concerned about the Blue Morphin Ranger. He also knew he would not be able to coax a reply from Billy. _But maybe I know somebody who can. _


BARRETT RESIDENCE, ANGEL GROVE
EARLY NEXT MORNING

It was late in the evening. Daniel and his family had been travelling for almost fourteen hours, desperate to escape from something but from what Danny could not recall. He glanced across at his brother Garth sleeping peacefully on the other side of the car. His father was driving allowing his mother to sleep. Danny remembered the phone call the night before and the sudden panic that had overtaken his entire family. His father and mother had gathered as much stuff as they could carry, placed Garth and Danny in the car and left Angel Grove never to return.

Danny had heard his father mention they would cross America and then travel to Europe where his father hoped they would be safe. At that moment all four occupants of the car had felt the sensation of pain. Danny's father had wiped the tears from his face, looked at his wife and whispered, "They got Carl."

Danny tried hard to sleep or look at the scenery. Most of the trip had been boring apart from the occasional twinges when somebody his father knew died. The highway was quiet as the station wagon moved along as fast as Sebastion Nelson dared to drive. The last thing Daniel's father wanted was to be stopped by the police.

A black Porsche raced past the Nelson car with a second vehicle not far behind. Danny thought nothing more of it until they noticed the car blocking the slow lane up ahead. Normally Sebastion Nelson would have stopped, but today he was too scared to think about anything other than driving.

Instinctively he pulled into the middle lane, noting the second black Porsche blocking the road ahead. Knowing he was being manipulated and with no alternative Mr Nelson pushed the accelerator to the floor and slipped around the roadblock. There was a screech of tyres as the Porsches took of in pursuit.

Danny looked in the rear mirror. He saw a man leaning out the window of one of the pursuing vehicles. He saw the man holding a long black object and pointing it at the car. He heard a loud bang and saw a trail of little yellow wasps heading towards them.

The station wagon started to spin. Mr Nelson tried to correct but was unable to do so. One of the Porsches crashed into the car knocking it off the road. Danny's head span as he tried to make sense of what happened. He felt himself being lifted and somebody tying his hands behind his back. He tried to open his eyes and was blindfolded. When he screamed he was kicked in the stomach and gagged. He became aware of the throbbing in his head and the blackness threatening to take over. He gladly gave in and fell asleep.

When he awoke Danny found himself being held up next to Garth. On the floor his mother and father wer lying, their hands tied behind their backs. The look on his father's face was one of utter contempt. In his mother's eyes Danny could sense sympathy for the people causing her pain. He turned and saw a man holding a gun. He had no face below the dark hood, which disguised his features. There was a loud click as the man cocked his weapon and aimed and Danny's father.

BANG!

A wasp flew from the gun and hit the ground in front of the prone man. A second shot hit the ground millimetres from Danny's mother.

"Enough fun," a female voice said. "Kill them!"

A trail of wasps tore into Selma Nelson. Her face was disfigured beyond recognition as shot after shot ripped her skull to pieces. Blood sprayed form the body covering the floor and parts of the wall.

"No!" Sebastion yelled.

He suddenly felt new strength despite the drugs he had been given. He ripped his bonds apart and advanced on his wife's murderer. The man fired and Sebastion ignore it. Somehow the bullet missed.

"Grab the children!" the woman's voice called.

Daniel saw Garth being dragged away. He also was pulled towards the door, but his dad was there. He punched and kicked those responsible until the threat was eliminated. Then he sensed something. With a yell he threw Danny from the building as the woman's car raced away and the house exploded.

"Mom, Dad, Noooooo!"


"Mom, Dad, Noooooo!" Danny snapped awake and became aware of his surroundings.

_It was a dream, _ he told himself. _But it felt so real! _

Danny wondered why he had had this dream. He knew his mother was alive even if she had never bothered with him. The staff at the orphanage had told him she was a whore and he was better off without her.

Slipping out of bed he made sure he had not disturbed Oscar before walking out of the room. He had been with the Barrett's for two months; Thanksgiving was just around the corner. It would be the first time he had spent the holidays with a real family.

It was hard for Danny to think about the last eight weeks. After the incident with a squad of Putties and his discovery concerning Samoht Revilo things had remained calm. There had been a few attempts to capture him by Rito and Goldar, but somehow they were never able to touch him. Things had also been quiet at school. Tommy Oliver and his friends had been giving him a strange look when they passed him and Sam seemed to be avoiding the whole Clique.

Of course Oscar had been able to explain the reason why Sam avoided them. He said that Tommy's friends and the Clique rarely mixed. Both groups knew each other and they were friends, but they were not close friends and preferred it that way. Both Oscar and Jason like to be the centre of attention and putting the two groups together would be disastrous in the long run. Oscar also mentioned about an incident with Shane and Tommy at the Youth Centre. Oscar had helped Tommy not because he had to or because they were friends. He had helped because he hated Shane.

Shane had tried his luck a few times. He had stopped for a while when Christina had hit him. Danny had to admit Christina was not worth angering. He had no doubt she could take on the Football Team and emerge victorious.

In general Danny found he was happy with his life and only three small things caused him concern. The first was the dream he had been having for the last six weeks since the night after his sixteenth birthday. It was always the same, but he did not know what it meant. This time he had heard the woman's voice. He realised the dream was changing and he was remembering more of it. The second problem was the strange energy he felt passing between himself, Oscar and the other members of the Clique. He was starting to know when something would happen from the strange feeling.

He had noticed a few things about his friends as well. Oscar had started to teach him how to fight. Oscar was not an experience fighter, but had some basic techniques. The surprising thing was the speed with which Oscar could move and how the boy always appeared to be waiting. The other members of the Clique were strange as well. Scott never seemed to suffer from the cold and Christina somehow managed to use her computer during a power cut without a generator or batteries. He had yet to talk to Lee long enough to know what his problem was.

The third problem was the visions he received from some of Tommy's friends. He had been sent to talk with Adam Park's father one day after school. Adam had walked in during the conversation and Danny had received a shock. His mind had flooded with the picture of a Black Frog sitting on a Green Rectangle. What it meant Danny had no idea, but since then he had received pictures of Falcons, Dragons, Raptors and on one occasion a small android named Alpha.

Gradually Danny was learning to control the feeling, but tonight he sensed something was wrong. He had seen a plane being chased by a large bird. It was important, but Danny didn't know why.

Downstairs in the kitchen Danny made himself a snack and sat at the kitchen table. He had no desire to dream again that night.

COUGH!

Danny spun around to see Dana Barrett looking at him a concerned expression on her face. He tried to balance, but it was

"You all right?" Dana asked as she helped her foster son back to his feet.

Danny nodded in response and apologised.

"Don't worry," Dana replied. "But next time you have that dream wake me up and I'll keep you company."

Danny looked at the clock. Almost six o'clock. He had been sitting there for almost four hours in thought. He looked at Dana wondering whether she had heard him cry out in the night.

"No I didn't hear you," she said anticipating his question. "But I do know when something is wrong and I can see you haven't slept well. So, you want to tell me what is going on?"

Danny nodded slowly and walked into the lounge and sat down. Dana soon followed.


POWER MOUNTAIN,

"You know William, all work and no play makes Billy a very dull person."

Billy didn't need to look up to know who was talking to him. He knew his friends' voices well enough and this voice was so unique it could only belong to the Blue Morphin Master and all around good guy known as Ninja. A man Billy had gotten to know very well in the short time after his wife's death.

"Hi Ninjor," Billy responded half-heartedly. He truly admired his blue comrade, but Ninjor's easy going nature made it difficult to remain in a bad mood and right now that was what he wanted.

"So is this the Carrier Zord you've been working on?" Ninjor asked studying the huge vehicle behind his young student.

"Will be if I can ever decide how to connect it to the Grid," Billy responded a hint of frustration starting to show. _Why can't he leave me alone? _ He wondered. Then he asked himself, _Do I really want to be alone right now? _

"Well," Ninjor started. "You can begin by forgetting about connecting it to the Grid. This monster doesn't need any extra power. You just need to use some of these and a power converter."

As he spoke Ninjor reveal a set of Power Coins. Billy studied them and realised they had been wiped of any power. But how would they help to power his Zord?

"They'll draw the power off which ever team of Rangers use the Zord," Ninjor said sensing the question. "The Power Coins will draw the energy in and the converter will power the engine."

"Have you seen the plans for what it carries?" Billy asked.

"Affirmative," the Blue Master replied imitating his pupil's voice. Billy laughed a good sign. "You can use the Protector Zords as raw materials. They'll work better without the Gem Coins."

"That means a repaint for three of them and some alterations to the others," Billy noted. "Not to mention the changes to the Techno Zords if this plan is to work."

"Ten Zords?" Ninjor asked. "I would plan on needing twenty, two for each colour."

Billy frowned. Did Ninjor know something he was reluctant to let on or was this some game?

"What if I melt down all three sets and the Sentinel and start from scratch?" Billy asked. "If I reverse the polarity of the neutron flow and cross wire the power coupling I should be able to restablise the fluctuating core sufficiently to produce the required back feed."

Ninjor sighed. Billy had just switched to Techno-babble, never a good sign when working with the sensitive Blue Ranger. Ninjor could guess the problem, but he needed Billy to tell him.

<beep beep beep beep beep beep>

"What's up Zordon?" Billy asked, glad of the distraction to get away from Ninjor.

"Billy, come to the Power Chamber at once and bring Ninjor with you," Zordon instructed.

Master and student shrugged as they teleported to the Power Chamber. As normal Zordon was in his tube and as expected there was an image on the Viewing Screen. He was surprised when he discovered the face belonged to him.

"Zordon, what s going on?" Billy asked.

"This was the scene from Holding Bay Two last night. This was the scene this morning."

Billy watched both images not sure what was wrong. He finally looked at Zordon with a confused look on his face.

"Billy, you have been at it for over twelve hours," Ninjor said. "As of now you are ordered to relax."

"But what of Mondo or Zedd or the Master?" Billy asked.

"If there is a problem we will contact you," Zordon assured the troubled teen. "In the meantime you are ordered to have fun. If you refuse I will take action."

"What action?" Billy asked. He could see Zordon stripping him of his powers and throwing him aside again.

"If you do not behave," Ninjor said. "I shall change the access codes to the Holding Bays and put Tommy in charge of remembering them."

Billy groaned at the thought. Tommy was not known for his great memory. "Okay, I'll go and relax."

"Where'd he go?" Ninjor asked when Billy left.

"Simulator Room," Zordon replied. "He's running Cog Attack with the safety off."

Ninjor nodded and left.

"So, Billy's feeling a bit down is he?" Zedd mused. "Let's give him something to really ruin his day."

Aiming his staff at the Earth below Zedd searched for the perfect creature he needed to put his plan into action. A surge of lightning struck the ground and Zedd's latest monster was born.

"Arise Cocky Roach!"

"At your service Lord Zedd," the monster said in a deep voice filled with self-confidence.

"Destroy the Power Rangers." There was the command. Zedd was not bothered with subtlety or sneak attacks. This time he intended to send a monster to simply attack and conquer.

Zedd took a moment to examine his creation. Eight-foot long with six legs, a powerful tail and sharp jaws. The bug's big yellow eyes stuck out as it took in the sight of its new master.

"Come forth little brothers," the monster said. "It's time to have some fun."

As the monster spoke twenty smaller versions appeared each ready to die in the name of evil. Lord Zedd sat back smiling under his metal mask. Perhaps brute force would be successful where cunning had failed.

Billy sat alone in Ko's Garden. He knew that when Zordon said go and relax he meant spend some time with the others, but Billy felt he couldn't face them at the moment. After months of action the peace and relative quiet of the last few days had brought back the realisation of what had happened on Aquitar. Somehow his wife and friends had been murdered and he had managed to escape.

_How could I just leave them? How could I let Squatt and Baboo take the planet? _

The last question made Billy realise a few things. He had left so he could fight again. He could go back to Aquitar and free it if his fellow Rangers would help him. Most importantly Billy finally saw Aquitar was a place where he had stayed, Cestria was the woman he had loved, but Angel Grove was his home and always would be.

The more he thought about it the more Billy realised he had unfinished business. He had been so concerned about Minion and then the Master he had failed to come to terms with Cestria's death.

_Minion? _

A sudden hope erupted in Billy's mind. Such a thing ought to be impossible, but Billy had learnt nothing is impossible to those who have the Power. Could it be true? And if it was true why had they not told him?

"Ninjor! Saurian! Thalian!"

They appeared almost immediately using the disguises they had created to fit in on Earth when advising a Ranger off duty. Thalian the white haired old man his eyes burning with intensity. Ninjor in his guise of True of Heart. He had used this image once before to advise Tommy during his quest for the Zeo Crystal. Last to appear was Saurian the powerful man in his early thirties. All three nodded to the Blue Morphin Ranger, a show of respect. As holder of the four Blue Ranger Aspects Billy could be considered a Morphin Master in all but name. Of course even if the Morphin Council on Eltare accepted the Blue Ranger's rank the Galactic Council would ignore it on the grounds that Earth was a world of barbarians.

"What troubles you Billy?" Thalian asked.

"Aquitar," Billy replied. "I thought when Minion died his spell over the planet would be ended and the damage the Death Bringer caused would be reversed. But it has been months and we have not heard from Aquitar."

Billy noticed the three Aspect Masters exchanged looks. "Billy," Ninjor began. "It's time you learned the truth."


ERNIE'S BAR

"Yuck," Emily St John everybody's favourite waitress exclaimed as she stood on yet another bug. "Ernie, what's with all the cockroa..."

Her question was interrupted by a loud scream from one of the customers. She looked up in time to see twenty human sized bugs walking through the door followed by an army of smaller bugs.

"We want the Power Rangers," the largest bug stated.

"Everybody out the back!" Ernie called.

He watched as the frightened patrons made their way out the door. Richy and Emily were helping ensure the building was abandoned and Christina Croft was holding the doors open with Lee Jones. Ernie's eyes narrowed as he sensed a change in those two. He quickly shook it off. Now was not the time to worry about that.

"Ernie, we're clear," Emily called.

Grabbing his two employees he herded them and the two door holders outside. Moments later a six toned beep could been heard spread out around Angel Grove.

"Alpha, Lord Zedd has sent down Cocky Roach and his insect army. Summon all the Rangers except Billy and Aisha."

If Alpha could use facial expressions he would have looked puzzled. Leaving Aisha alone was only common sense since she was on a plane inbound for Angel Grove. He assumed whatever the three Aspect Masters were telling Billy was important enough to leave him out.

"When you are done Alpha prepare Zeo Zord II for remote combat from Zeo Zord V."

Luckily since Aisha was no longer Zeo Ranger II she was not required to form the Megazord.

Tanya, Kat, Kimberly, Trini, Trey and David were at the Angel Grove Mall when the call came. For the girls it was an interruption. They did not notice the relief David and Trey seemed to feel when they found they would be doing something other than carrying the girls' shopping bags. Jason, Tommy, Sam, Zack and Adam were hanging out in the park playing soccer. Not far away Rocky was starting on his third hotdog. All the Rangers hated the need to leave their everyday lives, but none of them failed to understand the importance of the job they had been chosen for.

In twelve columns of light the Rangers appeared. Zordon and Alpha quickly updated the Rangers about Zedd's latest plan.

"This is the Cocky Roach. He and his army will attempt to capture you in his bug motel where he can drain your powers. He has split his forces in half and arranged for some of them to attack the other monster shelters."

"He wants to split us," Trini said simply. "We're out numbered and Zedd is trying to divide and conquer."

"We can't allow that to happen," Jason said. "We'll split into three groups and drawn them together."

"Shame Billy cannot whip us up some bug spray," Rocky quipped.

"It's Morphin Time!"

"Zeo Ranger I - Pink!"

"Zeo Ranger III - Blue!"

"Zeo Ranger IV - Green!"

"Zeo Ranger V - Red!"

"Zeo Ranger X - Gold!"

"White Ranger Power!"

"Purple Ranger Power!"

"Green Ranger Power!"

"Black Ranger Power!"

"Yellow Ninja Ranger Power!" Trini called, decided to use the power from her Ninja Aspect.

"Pink Ranger Power!"

"Red Ranger Power!"

Splitting into three groups Red Zeo led Green, Pink and Blue Zeo into battle, Red Ranger teleported away with Gold Zeo, Black and Pink Ranger, leaving White Ranger with Green, Yellow and Purple Ranger as the final team.


ANGEL GROVE YOUTH CENTRE,

The Zeo Rangers appeared in customary style, Red, Green and Blue Zeo immediately striking out with their bladed weapons. Pink Zeo took her time before releasing a fire cloud attack.

"Regroup!" Red Zeo called when he realised their plan wasn't working. "Zeo Laser Pistols!"

Drawing their side arms the Ranger concentrated their fire on a single roach. It exploded covering the Rangers with burnt roach innards. Their assault served only to anger the other bugs that charged with newfound aggression. Seven against four was better than eight against for, but Tommy started wonder how come his team had managed to choose the largest group again.

A few minutes of fighting and the Ranger once again regrouped. Hand to hand combat was difficult when an opponent had more hands. Kat's Power Disk eliminated a second bug before the real attack started. From the ceiling hundreds of cockroaches fell, pinning the Rangers to the ground. The six bugs surround them spraying mucus from their mouths and gluing the Zeo Rangers to the ground.

"What is this stuff?" Rocky asked.

"It's some type of toxic goo," Adam replied. "Zordon, I need a Gem Coin Blaster."

The silver handgun designed by Billy for multiple ammunition appeared in Adam's hand loaded with a Fire Cartridge. Pulling the trigger he manage to melt the goo slightly and take out a third roach. With a swift movement the gun was grabbed and swallowed leaving the Rangers still trapped.


ANGEL GROVE POLICE STATION MONSTER SHELTER,

"Gold Ranger - Triple Team!" Gold Zeo called. He immediately split into three versions of the Gold Ranger; each armed with a Golden Power Staff.

"Red Ranger Battle Armour!"

The powerful armour opened and Red Ranger stepped inside. Jumping into the air he drove his fist through one of the six roaches attacking them.

"Eeeew, gross!" Pink Ranger protested as the exploding bug covered her. "Pink Ranger - Thunder Clap!"

"Black Ranger - Rolling Thunder!"

Storm clouds surrounded an unfortunate bug, electrocuting him. The bug slipped to the ground where it remained motionless. Lightning hit the ground throwing the other bugs aside.

"Time for a Gold Rush!" the three Gold Rangers called. "Where'd they go?" he asked as the three remaining roaches disappeared.

The ground seemed to shift beneath them as the bug exploded from under ground knocking the Rangers to the floor and forcing the Gold Rangers to reunite.

"Blade Blasters!" Red Ranger called in desperation as the bugs closed in.


ANGEL GROVE HIGHSCHOOL,

Although not a monster shelter the highschool held enough humans to make any attack worthwhile. For the roaches this was a chance to feed on creatures that until this time had been beyond their reach. Six in total they were the most fearless of Lord Zedd's creations until they noticed the Purple Ranger. Then they froze in fear, silently praying she would forget her powers.

"Green Ranger Battle Armour!" Green Ranger called drawing his sword and charging into combat.

White Ranger followed with Saba held overhead to slice through anything that got in his way. At the same time Trini moved with using the power of the Bear to tear apart anything that might get in her way.

Purple Ranger was surprised when none of the bugs came near her. Calling on her Power Nunchuks she struck out at the nearest roach. It crumbled on contact. Suddenly the compulsion to hold her weapon and fire became overwhelming. A web of purple energy covered two of the roaches. They scream before disappearing.

The other three bugs had made quick work of the Green, White and Yellow Ranger, swallowing their weapons and teleporting them to the prison dimension where the Roach Motel was located.

"Ah, the Purple Ranger," Cocky Roach said as it appeared. The remaining roaches from across Angel Grove had regrouped to face the dreaded Purple Ranger. "I have no fear of you." Then the roaches advanced.


POWER CHAMBER,

"Alpha, called Billy and have him help Tanya," Zordon instructed. "Tell Thalian to help," he added remembering the Master of the Mind Aspect could duplicate the powers of a Purple Thunder Ranger.

The Viewing Globe showed Thalian and a very angry Billy morphing.

"Spider!"

"Blue Ranger Power!"

"Did he take it that badly?" Zordon asked when Ninjor and Saurian joined him.

"He thought we'd been lying to him," Saurian said. "I told him that we could launch a mission whenever he is ready."

Zordon smiled. He had been keeping a secret from the Rangers for a while. Now that Billy had figured it out Zordon knew Aquitar would soon be free again.


THE MOON

Zedd watched angrily as the Blue Ranger, Purple Ranger and a Purple version of Ninjor tore his creations to shreds.

"Cocky Roach, grow!"

Lightning struck the monster returning him to the height he had enjoyed before.

"Ninja Mega Falconzord!" Billy called; remembering Ninjor's words that he could control the Megazord by himself should he need to. With Trini he could have used the Ninja Battlezord as well, but this was better than nothing was.

"Spider Zord!" Tanya called; not entirely sure why when the Shogun Megazord was available.

"By the power of the Morphin Grid I grow!" Thalian called.

"Don't forget Ninjor!" the now fully armoured Blue Master called from his cloud.

"Yeaarghhh!"

A spray of toxic goo coated the warriors knocking them to the ground. A set of blades appeared in the monster's hands allowing it to strike at the Ninja MegaFalconzord. Its powerful tail knocked Ninjor backwards as it sank its teeth into Thalian.

"We need to hold him down so we can hit him," Billy stated.

In unison the three participants backed off and allowed the Spider Zord to make its debut in combat. Raising up in its eight legs Tanya quickly found the knack of controlling its movement. In addition to the lethal mouth the Spider Zord had been designed for the swift and fatal assault.

Scuttering under the monster Tanya used her Zord's exceptional strength to lift the roach off its feet and throw it to the ground. Spinning around the Zord fired webbing to trap the monster. A quick struggle later and Cocky Roach was on its last legs.

"Finish it!" Tanya called to Billy.

The Ninja MegaFalconzord drove into the monster causing it to release the captured Rangers.

"Shogun Megazord!" the Morphin Rangers called.

The Spider Zord and MegaFalconzord vanished to be replaced by the eight Shogun Zords. Finally able to transform into its true form the Shogun Megazord was twice as big as the last time the Rangers had used it. The Black and Purple Shogun Zords transformed into the legs, the Blue Zord creating the lower torso, the Green and Pink Zords merging into the upper torso, Yellow and Red Zords forming the arms leaving the White Shogun Zord to fold into the head.

"Shogun Spin!"

The powerful Zord started to spin like a top building potential energy for future release. The natural movement allowed by the spin push the Zord towards the monster. Both its hands grabbed the monster as its increased momentum pushed it into the sky. With Cocky Roach now stretched over its head the Megazord stopped, turned upside down and dove into the ground. All the stored energy was released in all its explosive force. The Megazord stood to see the remains of the monster struggle back to its feet.

"Shogun Megazord Sabre!"

The flaming sword made a swift movement from left to far right. As the sword arced its way back to its starting position the monster exploded, its body rising as a fireball before dissipating over Angel Grove.


CONFERENCE ROOM, POWER MOUNTAIN,

Billy looked at those he had assembled for the mission ahead. His fellow Rangers including the returned Aisha, Thalian, Ninjor, Saurian, a hologram of Dulcea, Alpha Five, Dex of Edenoi and Zordon of Eltare. Without a doubt this was a meeting of some of the most powerful warriors on Earth. If the VR Troopers and Beetleborgs had remembered their meeting with the Power Rangers Billy would have invited them as well.

"Thank you for coming," Billy said. "I've asked you to come here to discuss Aquitar and its liberation."

Very quickly Zordon explained the situation on Aquitar. The planet was no longer lifeless, but when the timeline had adjusted it had done so to allow Baboo and Squatt to remain masters of their world. Aquitar was now the second largest UAE outpost after Onyx with the entire population serving them, some even willingly. A planetary shield had been placed around the water world to prevent invasion and a portion of the UAE navy was in position to defend.

"So the question is," Billy explained, "Do we leave Earth, travel through space in the hopes of freeing a planet whose people have come to our aid on many occasions or do we leave them to their fate?"

There was a long silence before Trey spoke. "The Triforian Space Fleet is at your disposal Billy. You can count on my help."

The four remaining Zeo Rangers and Aisha conversed quickly before Tommy answered. "We're in."

"We're with you Bro," Jason said on behalf of the Morphin Rangers.

"Rangers, what you are proposing is highly dangerous. Should you wish to liberate Aquitar I wish you every success."

"How will we get there?" Zack asked. Teleportation was out of the question due to the shielding.

"I think we need to call in some old favours," Trey said. "I'll get us the equipment, but you will need to arrange to cover Earth during our absence."

Late into the night and part of the next day the Rangers worked on their plans. It would be a difficult choice to leave their world to save another. Tommy and Jason both hoped they were up to the challenge. Zordon was also thinking. He had held off finding the holders of the remaining Zeo powers because they were not needed. _Maybe now is the time to create the second Zeo team. _


US DEFENCE DEPARTMENT RESEARCH FACILITY, AREA 51, USA
8 NOVEMBER 1996

They had made a mistake and he knew it. After months of waiting he had been moved to Doctor Ranitime's secret facility. Doctor Grayson and his former staff were dead, poisoned by a slow acting toxin Ranitime administered before leaving. The US Government would take care of the bodies and the facility.

Area 51 had been built to contain captured aliens for dissection and understanding. In truth NASADA dealt with extraterrestrial visitors with UNIT acting as advisors so Area 51 was now a weapons testing zone currently at Ranitime's full disposal.

The last few months had been difficult for Garth. He had been isolated without even the visits from Doctor Grayson to look forward to. The metal coating had been completed and was a proven success. The interface between his emerald power source and his other enhancements was better than expected. He had downloaded every military file on combat, strategies, procedures and anything he though might be useful.

Then they had moved him, but allowed him to remain conscious. They thought a blindfold would be sufficient if used along with a warning about the futility of escape. It hadn't worked. He now knew everything about the facility where he was stored. The blindfold had stopped his eyes from seeing, but not his infrared implants. His mind had noticed the shift in equilibrium as they descended to the point where he understood why nobody ever escaped.

They had locked him in a cell like the one in Washington, but this cell contained more than a bed. There were guards outside, but nobody inside. They had removed his power source, but left it within reach and secured him with only a single chain. Their final mistake had been to leave a mirror where he could find it.

A single look was enough to send him over the top. On his body were the images of twenty-four different animals, each linked to the Morphin Grid Ranitime kept on about.

With a final look at his cell Garth pulled on the leather vest he was supposed to wear at all times. With the leather jeans and bald head nobody in their right mind would approach him. Garth shrugged as he reached down and after forging a lock pick released his ankle.

"It's time to go."


"KO-35 Naval Vessel Astro Megaship Log
Acting Captain Andros, Red Astro Defender KO-35

I still cannot believe what has happened in the last twenty-four hours. KO-35, my friends, my family, my fellow Defenders are all dead. Dark Spectre's forces were merciless. They have succeeded at long last and my home world is gone.

I returned to the surface this morning to see if there was anything to salvage. There was nothing. Makarrah and her forces have strip mined the entire planet and taken everything that could have been useful. The Delta and Omega Megaships are gone along with the Colony Ship. Dark Spectre has left me nothing except heartache and a thirst for revenge. I swear by the Power that I will quench my thirst.

I am fortunate DECA retrieved the Astro Morphers before coming to find the Astro Shuttle. With the Blue, Black, Yellow and Pink powers the UAE would have been able to create an army. With the Gold, White, Green and Purple powers he would have been unstoppable. Never again will I fail a team. I have placed the eight morphers in the vault. I will never open it again.

I still cannot believe the planet fell so quickly. We have been holding out for six months against Astronema. Then Makarrah arrived and suddenly the Defenders were not enough. Zhane was the first to go, his ship knocked from the sky by the Velocofighters. The others searched for a body, but found nothing. The Silver Ranger and his powers are gone forever.

After losing Zhane we doubled our efforts to defend our world. Three Megaships and a planet full of willing volunteer soldiers should have been enough to emerge victorious. We never counted on Makarrah's lack of concern for her own troops. She sent them one after the other, barraging our ships with suicide bombings.'

"DECA, stop log," Andros ordered. Despite his attempt to follow the daily routine he had settled into since the age of five Andros could not concentrate. Dark Spectre had managed what years of poor climate and food shortages had failed to do. He had destroyed the colony of KO-35 and defeated its ten Astro Defenders.

Why Defenders? KO-35 was a colony of the Karovean Homeworld. The Galactic Council did not deem Colonies worthy of having Rangers. Even so a Yellow Morphin Master had taken pity on the small group of colonists and had decided to give them what power she could. With the aid of Ninjor the official creator of Power Coins and Lerigot of Liaria she had managed to split a single Power Coin into ten parts and infuse a portion of Lerigot's magic. The Astro Morphers took the natural energy of a Defender's body, boosted it with the power of the Morphin Grid before allowing the energy to embrace the chosen Defender.

Once the Defenders had power they chose Lexian of Edenoi to build their weapons. Lexian created four Megaships to defend the colony. The Astro Megaship with its smaller Astro Megashuttle was the front line. Then the Delta Megaship to provide the heavy firepower. The Omega Megaship had been designed to both defend and help evacuate the colony if needed. Finally the Colony Ship had been created. A cross between a star destroyer and space station the creation of such a craft had sparked outrage within the Council. Councillor Darkonda had protested that such a move would give too much power to too small a planet. His concerns were ignored and KO-35 at last had a chance to survive.

As with all new colonies KO-35 attracted attention from unwanted quarters. The Mutiny Pirate Clan was the first to try and take advantage of the young society. Captain Mutiny and his crew had been undefeated until the collided with the Astro Defenders. His force was so badly beaten he had retreated into an unknown area and never seen again.

Dark Spectre immediately noticed the planet and sent his second in command Astronema under the guidance of his lieutenant Ecliptor to conquer the small world. They did well despite many setbacks. Eventually they were able push the colonist back and take over all but one area of the world. But the Defenders never gave up and still managed to hold control of space.

When Makarrah arrived the Defenders knew they were in trouble. Their commanders the Gold and White Defenders were killed when the Omega Megaship exploded. The ground forces were no less lethal, killing the Green and Purple Defenders and blasting Andros so badly he was laid up for weeks in the wreckage of the Astro Megashuttle.

"DECA, replay the end."

[Andros, this is unwise] DECA advised.

"Do it anyway," Andros ordered.

The front screen was filled with a scene Andros would carry with him to his grave. The last four Astro Defenders were trying to make their last stand assisted by the remaining soldiers. Astronema and her Quantron army swept them aside, forcing them to demorph and kneel. With a quick movement she killed three of the four Defenders pausing for a moment to study the fourth. Andros watched open-mouthed as Astronema wrapped her hand around his sister's throat. Andros saw Karone's eye bulge as Astronema tightened her grip. Then she whispered something and Karone laughed.

"Kill me!" Karone had challenged her face caked in blood from the deep wound on her forehead.

The screen went blank at this point.

"DECA, what happened?" Andros asked. He had not been able to watch the film that far before and now DECA had deliberately ceased the playback.

[I am sorry Andros. My function is to ensure your continues survival. I believe further playback at this time would be unwise.]

Andros fumed silently. Why would DECA not let him watch his sister die? His thoughts were interrupted by the proximity alert.

[Andros, I have detected a life form on the surface. It reads as human.]

"I'm going down," Andros said. "Let's Rocket!"

A device similar to a calculator watch appeared on his left arm revealing a numeric pad. Keying in the activation code he was transformed into the Red Astro Defender.

*Red Defender - Spiral Saber ready, Astro Blaster ready, Galaxy Glider standing by*

In the classic red beam of teleportation Andros left for the planet. He recognized the area immediately. It was the wreckage of Zhane's ship. Scanning quickly he could see no sign of life.

"DECA, are you sure?" he asked drawing his Astro Blaster just in case.

[Life form detect two point five meters to your left.]

Andros turned to where the wreckage had covered part of the engine. Pulling the metal back he caught his first sight of the thing that had disturbed his friend's final resting-place.

"Whatever you are, come out!" he shouted angrily.

It moved fast. All Andros saw was a flash of silver as it ploughed into him. Andros rolled through delivering a kick to the stomach. His opponent folded under the strain and Andros felt his heart leap.

"Zhane!" he cried as he saw the still damaged Silver Ranger lying on the ground barely breathing. "DECA, bring us back now!"

It was a few hours later when Andros placed the Silver Morpher alongside those of his other dead teammates. He had vowed revenge before, but after saying goodbye to Zhane for perhaps the last time Andros changed his mind. Destroying Dark Spectre was no longer enough. He now vowed that he would stop at nothing to stop another planet suffering the same fate as KO-35. Somewhere out there his friends were waiting for him. Andros swore to make them proud.

"DECA, finish showing the playback. Override any previous instructions."

[On whose authority?]

"Andros, Red Astro Defender of KO-35 and Captain of this vessel."

[Playing back]

"Kill me!" Karone challenge her voice filled with laughter. In an act of pure defiance she ripped off her morpher and teleported it back to the ship.

"Deal with her," Astronema said to Ecliptor.

The scene changed to a planetary view. All across the planet a series of explosions eliminated all signs of life. Vegetation, animals and people were wiped out. Decades of work lost in the space of a few minutes.

"Cease," Andros said.

He had seen enough to know his world was dead. He had had some revenge on Makarrah. The Astro Megazord had sliced through her ship in the same way she had destroyed the Omega Megaship. Makarrah was gone and with her Dark Spectre's most fanatical army.

[Hyper Rush ready, course set, awaiting orders]

"Let's go DECA," Andros said. "There is nothing left for me here."

From the surface below the people of KO-35 would have seen the noble Astro Megaship turn and launch into an unknown future and a new frontier. For the Red Astro Defender of KO-35 the adventure was just beginning.


LORD ZEDD'S WINNEBEGO, THE MOON,

Lord Zedd looked at himself in the segmented shards of the mirror hanging in his quarters. Most knew the reflection Zedd saw as Lord Zedd, a demonic body created to channel the Dark Side energies of the Morphin Grid that would otherwise destroy his body. They would think the demonic form was nothing more than the reflection of Zedd's soul exposed to the world. A soul he no longer wished to hide.

But a very select few knew the truth. Lord Zedd was not the soul that most hid in their hearts. Lord Zedd was a mask, an attempt to hide the internal goodness inside and prevent the forces of good from gaining an ally. A spell cast thousands of years ago prevented Zedd assuming his human form as it was a risk too great for the UAE to take. As long as Lord Zedd remained a demon he could not be turned and the UAE had nothing to fear.

As time had passed the evil had pushed the good further back inside Zedd's heart, almost sealing it off before Zedd came to Earth. The Leylines of Earth changed that. Working in conjunction with the sabotage performed by Finster the Earth's natural goodness penetrated Zedd's stone cold heart and drew the real Zedd out. The damage had been repaired by Minion and the Dark Dimension.

Now Zedd was facing a dilemma. He had noticed a new human enter Angel Grove in the last few weeks. A human who seemed to empower others. A human who defied him without knowing it. A human who was able to shrug off the mind control spells that had turned Tommy Oliver evil so often it was a running joke inside the UAE. Yet this human had not only shrugged off the spell, he had done so with little or no effort.

Zedd knew he recognised the human known as Daniel Pellerin, but from where? His mind drifted back to the child he had sired on Earth almost seventeen years before. But that had been a girl and both Jamie and her mother were dead. Tommy Oliver had seemed like a replacement for some time, but eventually Zedd realised the kid was just too stuborn to obey him.

"You don't recognise him do you?" a voice asked.

"How did you get in here?" Zedd demanded.

"My, my Zedd, surely you know we Time Lords have our ways."

Zedd remembered. He and the woman currently standing in the doorway had shared some good times during his amoral days before his return to power. Rani had taken the time to explain her experiments and in return Zedd had lent a portion of his magic.

"It's finished," she whispered. "Five years of work and the experiment is finished. I have built myself a Ranger."

Zedd recalled the experiment Rani had started a few years before. To create a Ranger without the power of the Morphin Grid. The actual experiment had begun years before though when he and Rani had been lovers.

"You know, I think he must take after your side of the family," Rani mentioned looking again at Daniel. "His brother takes after me. You should be proud."

"Our son?" Zedd asked.

"Sons actually," Rani corrected. "They were twins actually, but thanks to a little time travel and a convenient family they were more like brothers. Don't worry though, I had his surrogate mother and father killed. "It's a shame really, I wanted Daniel to be the test subject and Garth my assistant, but it wasn't to be."

"You used our son as your test subject?" Zedd asked. The plan was ingenious. The boy would already have the power of his parents and combined with the science of the Rani they would have a powerful weapon.

Of course there was the moral issue of using his son in an experiment, but then he was Lord Zedd and if Rani did not care why should he?

"There is one small problem," Rani said. "The Doctor is close on Earth. He could intervene."

"Yes, I can sense his presence in the Grid," Zedd replied. "The Master is also here, but working with us."

"The Master was a fool," Rani spat. "He won't intervene anymore. The Doctor is more of a problem. I will have some of my men eliminate him when he arrives."

"What about Daniel?" Zedd asked.

"Well it would be an interesting experiment to try to turn him," Rani smiled. "Of course he has come into his powers so you might find that difficult. He is powered by the Shadow Grid and immune to your powers."

"And you never trained in the Shadow Discipline," Zedd noted. He remembered the Rani's methods and more often than not they involved the use of brain washed thugs. "I don't want to risk him joining the Rangers though."

"We'll get Garth to kill him," Rani said.

It was the perfect solution. Garth needed a test run and whilst killing a fifteen year old boy was not that big a challenge it was a good start. Besides if the Rangers got involved then Garth would have a real test.

"So Zedd, are you going to introduce me to that wife of yours?" Rani asked.

"Of course," Zedd answered not taking his eyes off his former lover. "Rita!"


Area 51, United States of America

The door opened and two men walked in. Both carried tasers just in case they were needed. In truth the men simply enjoyed watch Garth react to pain.

"He's gone!" one of the men cried noticing the opened chain and the missing emerald.

"Sound the alarm," the other one instructed. "I'll call Ranitime."


THE MOON,

Despite Rani's dislike of magic she had found she shared a number of interests with both Rita and Zedd. Both had interests in minor planets and were keen to hear of Rani's developments in obedience drugs.

The noise of Rani's personal radio disrupted their discussion.

"Ranitime...He what?...I don't care, find him and get him back!"

"Problems?" Zedd asked.

"Those imbeciles have let Garth go," Rani replied. Then she smiled. "On second thoughts, this is a perfect test and when we get him back we'll use the data to make improvements. We'll find another way to deal with Daniel."


AREA 51,
MINUTES EARLIER

Garth inserted the emerald as soon a he heard the door unlock.

"Ranger Mode!" He whispered.

The words weren't necessary but helped him control the transformation. His cranial implanted activated, modulating the power of his emerald to trigger the morphing sequence. From the palms of his hands and the soles of his feet tiny nozzles emerged. The computerised implant ensured the receptors located on the boy's body were working correctly before triggering the nozzles.

Ultra fine cables shot from the nozzles connecting to points all over the body. The cables expanded and linked to form a black Plastoid skill. The yellow boots, gloves and body plate formed next. Finally as the emerald rested in his chest and full faced helmet other his head he triggered Ghost Mode and became invisible.

All this took place in mere seconds of hearing the door start to open. As the two guards entered he was stil lying on his bed, but invisible to their eyes. He knew he could smash his way out. Instead by using his head Garth had saved himself a job. After all, they were trying to find him outside the building not inside.

He checked his internal database and noted security procedures Ranitime had put in place should he escape. The first was an Ion Field designed to knock his system offline. A simple command to switch off all his implants defeated that device. A gas pump had also been designed to make him visible. The was more of a problem until he remembered his plan.

Reaching the lift he bypassed the security system and opened the door. Setting the lift for the top floor he kicked a hole in the base of the lift car. As the car stopped he dropped through the lift floor and swung to the cables behind the lift. He then slid to the base of the lift shaft, note the change in gravity as he did so.

Doctor Ranitime had designed the complex to be escape proof. One of the many features she had included was a gravity shift halfway trough the building. The last few floors had been turned upside down so the occupants walked on the ceiling. This ensured any escapees who naturally used the lift to go higher were in fact moving deeper into the complex.

Closing his eyes he allowed his computerised balance system to adjust his senses. As the knowledge he was now pointing towards the ground filled his mind Garth swung his body down.

In his hand a small axe appeared, which he put to good use. Driving the axe into the doors and pulling he forced them open. Scanning the room he detected guards in their normal positions.

Sneaking past was no problem until he stood by the door. The guards would not notice him, but them would notice a door opening and even though bullets would not hurt him he knew some of the outer defences could.

"ATTENTION ALL PERSONNEL, THERE WILL BE AN ELECTRO SHOT IN THIRTY SECONDS. PLEASE STAND BY!"

Garth's heart sank. He knew that an electric shock would disable his brain functions and allow Ranitime to find him. Closing his eyes he set a plan in motion and closed his eyes. Then the shock hit him.

His mind disabled by the current Garth's implants took control. Acting on its own Garth's body exploded into action, smashing through the doors and running towards freedom. In a while Garth would recover and make his way to the one place a Ranger could be safe, Angel Grove. He was going home.

End of Part

<post_date>1999-04-25 12:00:01</post_date><post_modified>2020-01-11 10:13:26</post_modified>